Find Your Future With Calumet
With eight Calumet stores nationwide, we’re one of the UK’s most popular photographic retailers. Our customers love our wide range of imaging equipment, our high levels of customer service, knowledgeable advice and the experience of visiting our stores. Plus, our customers are not the only ones: we too love what we do.
If you are interested in working for us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to forward you a list of any current vacancies.
Customers shop with Calumet because we love photography as much as they do. Whether it’s discussing the finer details of RAW conversions or getting excited about the next new camera, we love being in the photo industry and helping our customers pursue their next great image. If that sounds fun to you, you’ll fit right in.
Sales Associate - Call Centre
We are currently looking to recruit a confident, motivated and dedicated individual to join our successful and established telephone sales team based in Drummond Street, London NW1.
Ideally candidates should have some understanding/knowledge of photography and photographic equipment. You must be very computer literate with clear verbal and written English language skills. Be able to offer excellent customer service, keen and willing to learn combined with general administration ability. We expect our employees to demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and display a positive ‘can do’ attitude, willing to go that ‘extra mile’ when required meeting customer expectations.
Our Call Centre Sales associates are expected to deliver the highest levels of customer service via telephone and email, ensuring every customer feels valued and taken care of. Proficiency in IT systems is critical to ensure orders are processed with the highest levels of efficiency and accuracy so that we always deliver on our promises to customers.
- To deliver first class service to both existing and new customers via telephone and email
- To process orders efficiently and ensure goods reach our customers within promised timeframes
- To ensure follow up queries from customers are handled efficiently and with accuracy
- To build strong relationships with our customers ensuring Calumet is the first stop for all of their photographic needs
- To provide quotations as required and follow up on these to ensure our customers feel cared for
- To chase any back orders and ensure timely delivery of products
- To effectively resolve customer complaints and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction, utilising the Call Centre Manager where necessary
- To call potential new customers in an effort to increase our existing customer base
- To call existing customers with details of new products and promotions
- To work in harmony with all colleagues and assist them in delivering an exceptional customer experience
- To regularly monitor stock and check for any problems
- Such other duties as may be required from time to time
Team Leader – Drummond Street, London
We are currently seeking a Team Leader to fulfil the duties below in this newly created position. You must have lots of enthusiasm, photographic equipment knowledge, passion and drive.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Ensuring the store is open during advertised trading hours and closed in a safe and secure manner.
- Work with all staff and other departments within the store to ensure all policies and disciplines of health and safety, including store cleanliness are strictly followed.
- Liaising with the Showroom Manager on day to day activities, promotions and staffing levels.
- Exceed store daily and monthly sales targets focusing on sales.
- Conduct weekly Area of Pride activities to ensure stock levels, layout, merchandising, tickets, markdowns and POS are all in accordance with the standards as set out by the Retail Operations Manager.
- Achieve additional targets as directed as well as promoting Calumet Services.
- Monitor click and collects, back orders, quotes and P4 orders to ensure all files are up to date.
- Protect the security of stock and ensure that it is protected as per company guidelines.
- Grow customer database through e-mail acquisition, tele-marketing and promotions.
- To promote seminars, meeting room hire and exhibitions and assist with set up and admin processes if necessary.
- Maintain a high standard of merchandising throughout the showroom as instructed.
- To conduct investigations into Manual Forms and allocate to Southware, to conduct Credits and manage Debit notes when required to maintain an accurate stock holding at all times.
- To maintain the Used equipment department and ensure the department is to policy in both merchandising and administration.
- Mentoring and training of all staff to ensure a best in class service is provided to Calumets customers.
- To cover for the Showroom Manager in their absence.
- To be an ambassador for Calumet and an advocate of driving sales and customer service.
Closing date 31 January 2017
To apply please forward your cv to email@example.com
Retail Positions in Drummond Street Branch, London
We are currently looking to recruit confident, motivated and dedicated individuals to join our successful and established Retail outlet in Drummond Street, London NW1.
Candidates should have a proven passion for photography and ideally solid general knowledge and understanding of photographic equipment and techniques. The pre-requisites required for our retail employees are a sound sales background, excellent customer service skills, keen and willing to learn combined with general administration ability. In addition we expect our staff to demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and display a positive ‘can do’ attitude, willing to go that ‘extra mile’ when required meeting customer expectations. Video knowledge is advantageous and some photographic knowledge essential
On-going training will be available to successful candidates to enhance their photographic understanding thus enabling expert knowledge be passed on to our customers. Also available are internal department move opportunities, as and when vacancies arise, thereby adding varying experiences to one’s personal skill set.
Benefits include access to the latest high end photographic equipment outside of work, staff discount, management bonus scheme, pension scheme, life insurance, 20 days annual leave increasing with service to 30 days. 37.5 hour week on a rota system operating between 08.00am to 19.00pm.
Always learning, always improving, always helping.
Being an expert in the photo industry today doesn’t guarantee being an expert tomorrow when the next big thing is introduced, so we love hungry minds that are constantly looking to improve their skills. We consider ourselves an integral part of the photo community, a resource to photographers and videographers who are trying to figure out how to get the perfect shot or make a great idea come to fruition. We learn as much from our customers as they learn from us, and we are happy to give that knowledge back to the community.
Our customers are creative in a million unique ways, all pursuing their photo or video dreams. Whether they are looking to be a top fashion photographer, capture the landscape like never before or perfectly photograph a happy couple on their wedding day, we love hearing about our customers’ projects and helping them succeed.
Our customers always have been and always will be our top priority, and every Calumet employee shares this goal. We are not a traditional retail business with traditional retail customers. We love working here because we love our customers.
Calumet Photographic started seventy years ago in the US, and has since become one of the leading photo and video retailers in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium – with even more countries in the future. We are entering a growth phase and are looking forward to many recruiting opportunities.
We have eight stores across the UK:
- London Drummond Street
- London Wardour Street
Plus our headquarters in Milton Keynes.
Calumet is the perfect place to work if you’re hoping to become a photo expert or grow your career (inside or outside the photo world). With discounts on gear, the ability to borrow equipment from Calumet Rental and comprehensive technical training, you’ll find a thousand opportunities to improve your photo knowledge.
When you join Calumet you get the opportunity to become experienced with and be trained on top camera brands like Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujiflm and Hasselblad, plus, brands like Profoto, Bowens, Epson, X-Rite, Eizo, broncolor, Manfrotto and more.
Our Managing Director started out as a Product Manager. Our Web Channel Manager started as a Retail Associate in a store. Thanks to a strong tradition of promoting from within, at Calumet you’ll find the only limit to your career is how far you want to take it.
How do I apply?
See our current opportunities above, and if there is a position you'd like to apply to please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
When will I hear more?
We look at every application and the hiring manager for the position will be in touch with you within two weeks.
What if I would like to apply for a position you don’t list here?
Send in your CV! We are entering a period of strong growth and will be looking to recruit, so you can definitely be proactive and send in your application. We’ll keep it on file and if an opportunity arises we’ll be in touch!
What kind of roles do you often recruit for?
We tend to recruit for three different roles:
- Retail – our amazing store staff interact directly with customers, including roles like retail or rental associate, store manager and B2B sales
- Administrative – our behind-the-scenes staff work to empower our store associates, including departments like purchasing, product, finance, IT, marketing and web
- Warehouse operations – our hardworking BSI certified warehouse team quickly and efficiently fulfills our customer orders
Calumet Photographic Limited are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from suitably qualified people regardless of age, marital status, race, religion, politics or disability with the proven right to work in the United Kingdom.