Return an Item
Calumet Photographic Ltd is committed to the provision of quality products and outstanding customer service. On the rare occasion goods are found to be defective or not suitable, the following returns procedure and policy should be followed:
The returns form is available here. Please fill in the form to begin the returns procedure.
- Please refer to manufacturer's warranty terms for repairs within warranty.
- Goods considered faulty for which the customer wishes to be refunded, should be returned to point of purchase within 30 days of purchase, in their original packaging where possible. Goods purchased via telephone or the internet can be arranged for collection by calling 0333 003 5000 after the returns form has been completed. If.there is no fault with the products, you are welcome to return them if they are in like-new condition but the customer is responsible for all associated shipping or collection costs. We reserve the right to have the equipment returned to the manufacturer for checking/testing prior to refund. Please note that refunds for goods that are not required will be processed at the discretion of the branch manager or central returns department.
- Software (corruptible) items and consumables (film and photographic paper) are non-refundable. At our sole discretion only, it is possible an exception may be made, provided seals are fully intact.
- If a manufacturing fault is immediately apparent, a refund or replacement will be issued directly. However, if the fault is of a technical nature, the goods may need to be sent to the manufacturer or distributor for further inspection. In such instances, we will aim to provide as realistic a date for refund or return of goods as possible.
- In the event a manufacturing fault is found to be present, and a refund is requested we will refund the cost via the original method of payment. If the credit or debit card used for payment has since been reissued, we will require written authorisation to refund a new card.
- Please be advised that if goods are found not to be defective, or have been damaged since leaving the store, the goods will be returned to the customer and carriage costs will be charged accordingly.
- If a dispute should arise over the nature of the fault and Calumet believe the fault to lie with the product, it is our policy to lend support to claims against the manufacturer. Should this process become protracted, we may be able to arrange for free rental equipment until the matter is resolved. In the instance of a manufacturer/distributor rejecting the claim outright we will refund the customer and take ownership of the faulty goods.
- Notwithstanding the consumer's right to return goods within 14 days for a refund under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) regulations 2000, as Calumet does not sell goods on a trial basis, customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before making a purchase.
- In reference to purchases of imaging goods, i.e. cameras, scanners, and printers, it is strongly recommended that the entire imaging process from capture through storage, editing and printing is tested in varied conditions before embarking on any major shoot.
- Calumet will not under any circumstances compensate for lost images. All photographic goods are sold on the express understanding that it is the photographer's sole responsibility to arrange provision of backup equipment and/or materials. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Calumet aims to provide a timely and efficient resolution to customer issues and complaints. In the first instance you should call customer care on 0333 003 5000 or else email email@example.com. Should you remain unhappy with the solution offered to your complaint, the issue should be detailed in writing for the attention of the Managing Director at Calumet Photographic Ltd, Head Office, Bradbourne Drive, Tilbrook, Milton Keynes, MK7 8AJ